Monday 14 May 2012

Technology....I Finally Get It!

I've never been a trendsetter. In fact, quite the opposite.

I was the girl who looked at the latest fashions thinking, "Yuk! I'll never wear that".

Six months later, when the end of season sales were on, there I'd be, scouring the racks.

It's been the same with technology.

I got a mobile when I absolutely had to.......

Got the internet when my son needed it for homework.......

Don't own a plasma TV..........or an iPhone..........or an iPad.........

But I think I finally get it.

Technology is the ultimate information tool. Not only does it help you find information, but store it and present it in a multitude of ways limited only by your imagination.

What a gift to teacher librarians who have the courage to take it on and use it to help their students and colleagues........

What a challenge to allow students to teach us about the world they are growing up in........

So................I find myself on the brink of a new adventure I never thought I'd be going on.........keeping up with technology for the benefit of my students and my school community.

Terrified? Yep

Anxious? Aha

Slightly confused? A little more than slightly

Up for the challenge? You bet ya

Now, to finish my next assignment so I can hit the shops and get me some brand new fashions!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment