Sunday 13 May 2012

It's Working!!!

I can't believe it!

Having just added an iPad to the library collection, I went to the iPad Users Group after school, run by one of my colleagues. I was asking him all about e-books and their potential use in the library, along with comics and other applications that might be useful............

I was taking lots of notes and feeling rather impressed with myself when he started showing me ápps' that I had heard about and had a vague idea of how they worked...........

When all of a sudden................

Out of the blue...................

I actually knew about something that he hadn't heard of!

Well I could've fallen off my chair......................but I didn't..........

There I was............. introducing him.......... 'the expert' ...........to something he'd never heard of in the wonderful world of technology!

Now don't get me wrong, I don't profess to know too much about technology, which is why I was there in the first place...................but it was pretty nice to realise that all this reading and thinking is actually making a difference.

And then it hit me................... I am using information skills and critical thinking to actually become a more information literate person.

Crazy that I am actually a living and breathing example of information literacy, especially as it pertains to transferance and multi-modal literacies.

So here I am, a lifelong learner who constantly engages in this "transformational process", as Abilock (2004) defines it, in order to gain deep knowledge.

YAY!!!!!

It's working!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment