Tuesday 13 March 2012

Lesson 1 - Time Management

OK....So it seems that one aspect to being a successful 21st C Librarian is the ability to manage your time. Fairly straight forward one would think. At least that's what I thought........
I mean, I have my neatly written fortnightly meal menu, typed shopping list (ready to be highlighted), and jobs chart for the children safely displayed on the fridge for the family to ooh and ahh (or groan!) over. The family knows, Tuesday and Friday we wash uniforms, so get them in the basket, BEFORE DINNER! Mornings run like clockwork, except for the days the batteries are flat or someone forgets to wind it! Afternoons are homework (or Uni study for me), violin practice, dinner, cleaning the kitchen, more study for me, the occassional afternoon swim in the river if it's warm, before winding down in front of the big box with a cuppa before bed.
And at school...... I have my weekly class timetables and my teaching program which, obviously, show that I manage my time! There's my list of things to do today, my list of things to do this week, my list of things to do this term, my list of things to do this year, my list of things not to forget....
Just ask me. My time is MANAGED.....
So managed, in fact, that my allotted time for blogging is up, and I must move on to reading more about the amazing world of 21st Century Teacher Librarianship.
Now where are those readings I printed out at school today (and crossed off the list!)????
Think back.....
I had my bag with the readings in my hand as I went to the staffroom to return my coffee mug before leaving this afternoon.......
I'm sure I picked it up off the floor after putting my mug in my tote tray......
Then again..... Oh no.......it wasn't on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment